Put that Pinterest board down, I’m about to get all sorts of real wedding talk on y’all.
Don’t worry it’s not bad it’s supporting and real. It’s what you’re going to really need, when the weird talks about money start to come in and when you start to realize that you can’t really DIY everything.
1) Subscribe to A Practical Wedding. You might not get it yet, but you will thank me a 3 months in to wedding planning. Meg Keene is like the wedding whisper of all weird wedding stuff. She gets into the icky stuff of wedding planning like do you invite your alcoholic uncle to the wedding? Yeah THAT stuff.
2) THE DIRTY PINTEREST SECRET. Now I knew this before my wedding because I’m a wedding pro but I’m about to blow your mind. Okay you know those really pretty wedding shots you’ll see on Pinterest we’ll there’s a lot of them that are FAKE. We call those STYLED SHOOTS. WHAT, HEAVENS NO.
Just make sure next time you’re like “awww”, that you keep your expectations in check. I mean most of us aren’t models or we aren’t marrying models, I said most of us.
3) Download the Brides Manifesto. Just read it. Cry. Frame it.
4) Drink something with alcohol before you walk down the aisle. This one I did do and it was a great idea! Don't get crazy, but drink and eat before you walk down the aisle. You will feel calm and relaxed while walking down the aisle.
5) You’re not going to make everyone happy, don’t try. Do whatever you want, the day goes by so fast, and it’s incredibly hard to take in who is happy and who isn't.
You end up having a blast most of all!